Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!!
As we prepare to say goodbye to 2016 and welcome 2017, many of us are thinking about our New Year’s Resolutions. Every year we resolve to change or improve something such as losing weight, eating better, exercising, quitting smoking, and so on. Unfortunately over 70 percent of us break our resolutions by the end of January, which can lead to discouragement. While there are obviously underlying reasons for many of our bad habits, here are some ways to help create and maintain new healthy habits:
1. Be specific with your goals. If you want to lose weight, develop a specific weight loss plan.
2. Write your resolution down. Place your written resolution somewhere, such as a bathroom mirror, where you will see it every day.
3. Hold yourself accountable. Let others know about your resolution.
4. Plan coping strategies to deal with obstacles. If you tend to overeat at parties or in restaurants, try avoiding those events, or eat first so you’re not hungry!
5. Reward yourself at each milestone. Have that small hot fudge sundae once you lose your first 10 pounds!
6. Ask for help. Know when you’ve lost control and seek professional help to get back on track!
All of us at Advanced Health Care wish you good health and happiness in 2017, and best of luck with your New Year’s resolutions!